Review Process Rules for All Editors
Every paper is very important to both the authors and our editorial office. When you handle a submission, please observe the following rules:
(1) On the 15th day, Within 15 days, a paper should be either desk-rejected or sent out to 9 external reviewers. The EIC is responsible for dividing the submissions among the editors (i.e., EIC, Executive, and Associate Editors) to handle the review process. The handling editor must read the paper content and decide whether to desk reject or send out for reviews. Poor papers should be desk rejected immediately.
(2) On the 30th day, The reviewers should be reminded after 15 days the invitations were sent.
(3) On the 60th day, The responded reviewers should be reminded to submit reports and the non-responsive invitations should be replaced by new reviewers.
(4) On the 90th day, The responded reviewers should be reminded to submit reports and the non-responsive invitations should be replaced by new reviewers.
(5) On the 120th day, the handling editor should make a decision on the paper. If needed, recruit colleagues, post-docs, senior doctoral students to help in quick reviews.
(6) Revisions' review process should be easier to handle and completed within 30 days after re-submission.
Many thanks for your editorial effort.
Eldon Y. Li